Areas of practice
Charlotte Fortin is a member of the Public and administrative law group. She also works in the areas of civil and commercial litigation as well as transportation law.
In her practice, Charlotte advises and represents businesses, public bodies, and individuals before the courts and administrative tribunals.
Charlotte joined Lavery in the summer of 2013 as a student after completing her bachelor of law degree at Université Laval. She articled at the firm in 2014.
Throughout her studies, she was involved in various committees, particularly as a member of Pro Bono Students Canada and as a volunteer and member of the executive committee of the legal information clinic at Université Laval. She also completed a one-year internship with a judge at the Court of Appeal of Quebec.
Before starting her university studies, Ms. Fortin earned a college diploma (DEC) in paralegal technical education at François-Xavier-Garneau College.
- C. Fortin and P.-O. Fradette, Commentaire sur la décision Lours c. Montréal (Ville de) – Pas si simple d'interdire ou d'encadrer la possession de chiens « de type Pit bull » en 2016..., in Repères, November 2016, Droit civil en ligne (DCL)
- D. Bouchard and C. Fortin, La gestion par les municipalities de l’écoulement des eaux dans les cours d’eau: quoi de neuf?, Développements récents en droit de l’environnement (2015), volume 401, Éditions Yvon Blais
- Speaker, Lavery Labour and Employment Law Symposium, Les meilleures pratiques en matière de terminaison d’emploi, Québec City, September 28, 2016
- Contributed to preparing a presentation on disciplinary law for Open Forum, “The Top Ten Decisions in Disciplinary Law – 2015”, 2016
- Speaker, Lavery Labour and Employment Law Symposium, Joies, périls et avenir de l’internet et des médias sociaux en milieu de travail, Québec City, September 30, 2015
- Contributed to preparing a presentation for the Barreau de Québec, “Status Report on the Anti-Corruption Provisions Introduced by Bill 1: Was the Objective Achieved?” 2014
- Recipient of the Barreau du Québec award for the student earning the highest cumulative average in the bachelor of law program, 2013
- Honour Roll of Université Laval’s, 2012-2013
- Second prize in the Canadian Bar Association's Legal Writing Contest, 2012
- LL.B., Université Laval, 2013
- DEC in paralegal technical education, Collège François-Xavier Garneau, 2009
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2015
- Board of directors of the Jeunes philanthropes du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association
Publications by Charlotte Fortin
- Marie Cossette and Charlotte Fortin