Sylvie Demers is a member of the firm’s litigation group, more specifically in the Family Law, Personal Law and Estate Law team. Her practice is focused on drafting agreements, wills and protection orders, as well as in litigation and settlements in divorce and legal seperation cases, child custody, spousal support, division of assests, filiation (paternity claim and constestation) and grandparents rights of access to their grandchildren. The cases which Ms. Demers is called upon to work often present specific issues in private international law.
Ms. Demers was on the Dean’s Honour Roll during her studies at the Law Faculty of Université de Montréal and on the Honour Roll of the Faculty of Graduate Studies of Université Laval for her Master of Public Communication. During her studies, she developed a particular knowledge of disciplinary law, small claims and judicial review.
- Bachelor of Laws ( LL.B.), Dean's Honour Roll, Université de Montréal, 2013,
- Master of public communication, Honour Roll of the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Université Laval, 2011
- B.A. in graphic design, international profile, Université Laval, 2009
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- The Young Bar Association of Montréal
Publications by Sylvie Demers
- Sylvie Demers , Josianne Beaudry and David Eramian