Areas of practice
Jean-François Bilodeau is a notary and tax adviser who practises in the Business law group. He focuses his practice on corporate law and tax law with respect to corporate reorganizations, shareholder integration, as well as mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Bilodeau also handles tax and estate planning matters such as drafting personal trust agreements, testamentary trusts, and mandates in case of incapacity as well as estate settlements.
Mr. Bilodeau is also called upon to draft shareholder agreements and other related commercial agreements. He has been involved in many engagements involving professionals, including physicians, dentists, veterinarians, and pharmacists.
Mr. Bilodeau also handles matters in the area of real estate law including financing, real estate transactions, the drafting of servitudes, and other dismemberments of ownership.
Mr. Bilodeau joined Lavery during the integration of the Sherbrooke office in March 2014. He entered private practice in 2008 at a notary’s office before completing a master’s degree in taxation at Université de Sherbrooke. His thesis was entitled Le régime dual d’imposition : Concepts, problématiques et réalités canadiennes.
- M.Fisc., Université de Sherbrooke, 2011
- D.D.N., Université de Sherbrooke, 2007
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2006
- Member of the Chambre des notaires du Québec, 2008
- Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF)
- Chambre des notaires du Québec
- Canadian Tax Foundation
Publications by Jean-François Bilodeau
- Jean-François Bilodeau , Isabelle P. Mercure and Louis-Martin Dubé