Marika Couture-Houle practises civil and commercial litigation, particularly in the areas of insurance, civil liability, and hidden defects.
She is called upon to work closely with various health and social service institutions in matters related to mental health and the inviolability of the person, primarily with respect to confinement in an institution and consent to care.
During her law studies, Ms. Couture-Houle worked at a legal aid clinic – civil law section for two semesters and for the Comité des travailleurs accidentés de l’Estrie, informing workers of existing remedies and the steps to follow to exercise their rights. Ms. Couture also made the Dean’s list during the third year of her law studies.
Publications and lectures
- Claudia Bérubé, Claude Villeneuve and Marika Couture-Houle, La Division des petites créances : pour qui et comment (January 2015)
- Alain Heyne and Marika Couture-Houle, Le financement agricole : les sûretés et leurs particularités (May 2015)
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2013
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2014
News/Press release by Marika Couture-Houle
- Annie Pouliot , Marika Couture-Houle , Letta Wellinger , Mylène Boisvert , Jean-François Bilodeau , Kay-Sandra Boyer , Marie-Claude Lacaille , Katy Pelletier and Dzenan Zulji