Nicolas Thibault-Bernier focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, restructuring, insolvency, and banking law. He has a strong interest in innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship.
Mr. Thibault-Bernier has a degree in law and biotechnology from Université de Sherbrooke. He has also completed studies toward an M.Sc. degree and is currently writing an essay in comparative law on the international online sale of drugs.
During his studies, Mr. Thibault-Bernier took part in the Laskin national interuniversity moot court competition and also completed a mandate on intellectual property for an international corporation in the proteomics industry. In addition, he worked as an assistant to Justice Michel Durand of the Court of Québec in Sherbrooke.
Before joining Lavery for his articling, Mr. Thibault-Bernier worked for another national law firm as well as for McMahon Distributeur Pharmaceutique Inc. and Génome Québec. His specialized, multi-disciplinary expertise is a proven asset in his practice.
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2014
- M.Sc. (biology with specialization in biotechnology and law), Université de Sherbrooke, on-going
- Graduate studies in law and life sciences, Université de Sherbrooke, 2013
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2013
News/Press release by Nicolas Thibault-Bernier
- Jordy Philippe Bernier , Dave Bouchard , Kay-Sandra Boyer , Marika Couture-Houle , Alain Heyne , Marie-Claude Lacaille , Isabelle P. Mercure , Nicolas Thibault-Bernier , Vincent Towner , Yanick Vlasak and Dzenan Zulji