Alexandra holds degrees in common law and civil law from McGill University. In 2017, she completed an LL.M. in International Law at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, Switzerland.
Throughout her studies, Alexandra notably took part in the Pierre-Basile Mignault mooting competition, where she ranked amongst the best pleaders, and acted as a Superior Court clerk. In addition, she completed an internship at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) Ombudsman’s office, and studied European law during an exchange semester at Lund University in Sweden. More recently, she worked as an intern within the Peace Missions Support unit at the United Nations’ Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva.
Professional and community activities
- Intern – Peace Missions Support unit, United Nations’ Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Geneva
- Intern – MUHC Office of the Ombudsman, Montréal
- Volunteer for the Fondation de l’Institut de Réadaptation Gingras-Lindsay de Montréal, Montréal
- B.C.L./LL.B., McGill University, 2015
Publications by Alexandra Belley-McKinnon
- Sébastien Vézina , Jonathan Lacoste-Jobin and Alexandra Belley-McKinnon