Areas of practice
Rafaëlle Champagne is a member of the Labour and Employment Law Group. Her practice is focused on immigration and citizenship law, more specifically workforce mobility and economic immigration. As such, she assists both corporations and individuals with their immigration needs, including Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA) and work permit applications, LMIA-exempt work permit applications, temporary resident visas, spousal work permits, study permits, issues of inadmissibility due to past criminal convictions, as well as Canadian permanent residency and citizenship applications.
Rafaëlle first joined Lavery as a student in 2014, and continued on to complete her articles in 2016. She holds a bachelor degree in civil law from the University of Ottawa and a Juris Doctor in North American common law from the Université de Montréal.
While a student, Rafaëlle was Vice President of Communications of the Business Law Association at the University of Ottawa. She was also a mentor to international exchange students in Ottawa and volunteered at the Notary Law Clinic, where she provided free legal services to the community.
- Global Skills Strategy – Latest Developments in Workforce Mobility
Need to Know, Friday, July 14, 2017 – Rafaëlle E. Champagne and Constance Baccanale
Awards and Recognition
- Named to the Dean’s List, Civil Law Section, 2013-2014, University of Ottawa
Professional and community activities
- Young Leaders Circle of the International Economic Forum of the Americas (IEFA)
- J.D., Université de Montréal, 2016
- Licentiate in Civil Law (LL.L.), University of Ottawa, 2014
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2016
Publications by Rafaëlle E. Champagne
- Rafaëlle E. Champagne and Constance Baccanale