Léonie Gagné is a member of the Litigation Group of the Montreal office of Lavery, de Billy. She practices mainly in insurance law, product liability as well as civil and professional liability. She practices both in demand and in defense.
Ms. Gagné has a strong interest in all the technological developments that are susceptible to have impacts on the insurance industry and on the civil liability of people and manufacturers in Quebec.
Before beginning her legal studies, Ms. Gagné worked for more than ten years as a classical ballet dancer in Toronto. For several seasons, she performed for the prestigious National Ballet of Canada.
In 2010, she completed a Certificate in Public Relations at Ryerson University, in Toronto, and in 2011, following her official retirement from the arts world, Ms. Gagné received a major grant from the Dancer Transition Resource Center to support her during the completion of her legal studies.
- “Save What Can Be Saved” Or The Insured’s Obligation To Minimize Damages, ChADPresse, September 2017
- Gathering Detailed Information Can Bear Fruit, ChADPresse, December 2016
- Waiving The Insurer’s Right To Deny Coverage, ChADPresse, March 2016
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal, 2014
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
- Public Relations Certificate,
Ryerson University, Toronto, 2010
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Young Bar Association of Montréal
- Association des femmes en assurance de Montréal
- Canadian Actors’ Equity Association since 2002
- Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists since 2007
- Dancer Transition Resource Centre, 2001-2012
Publications by Léonie Gagné
- Léonie Gagné