Katherine Athanasopoulos joined Lavery as a student in May 2014, after working as a student for another national law firm. She received her law degree from the Université de Montréal in 2014. Katherine also completed a graduate diploma in tax law from HEC Montréal and is currently working toward a Master in Tax Law.
An active member of her community, Katherine participated in the Université de Montréal’s Legal Information Clinic. She has volunteered for non-profit organizations such as SIARI, the Jewish General Hospital, and the Jewish Rehabilitation Hospital. Katherine also participated in and received a grant from the Youth and Philanthropy Initiative to benefit the Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre.
She is fluent in English, French and Greek.
- LL.M., Tax Law, HEC Montréal, underway
- D.E.S.S., Tax Law, HEC Montréal, 2016
- École du Barreau, 2015
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2014
- Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association
Publications by Katherine Athanasopoulos
- Jean-Sébastien Desroches and Katherine Athanasopoulos