Areas of practice
Sonia Rasquinha is a member of the firm’s Business Law and Intellectual Property group. She practises mainly in the areas of commercial law and business transactions, whereby she is called upon to draft, negotiate and review various commercial contracts such as sale and purchase agreements, shareholders’ agreements, and service agreements.
Ms. Rasquinha has also acquired expertise in intellectual property law and advises clients on matters pertaining to trademarks, domain names, industrial designs, plant breeders’ rights, and copyright. As such, she drafts licenses, coexistence agreements, and intellectual property assignment agreements.
Ms. Rasquinha holds a Bachelor in Arts and Science in Economics and Psychology from McGill University as well as a civil law degree and Juris Doctor from the Université de Montréal. While a law student, Ms. Rasquinha obtained a certificate in Chinese Law from the China University of Political Science and Law in Beijing, China. She also worked for an information technology law firm in Bangalore, India. In 2016, she completed a master’s degree in North American common law, and her thesis examined the legal issues pertaining to false and misleading online advertising.
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
- LL.M., Université de Montréal, 2016
- J.D., Université de Montreal, 2015
- Certificate in Chinese law, China University of Political Science and Law, 2013
- B.A & Sc. in economics and psychology, McGill University, 2012
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Young Bar Association of Montréal
- Member of the Jeune Chambre de commerce de Montréal
Publications by Sonia Rasquinha
- Sonia Rasquinha , Luc Thibaudeau and Roxane Fortin Lecompte