Areas of practice
Laurent Bellemare-Proulx practises primarily in the fields of civil and commercial litigation, namely in the areas of civil liability, and taxation. He also practises in business law, handling cases of corporate sales and acquisitions, as well as business organization and reorganization. In addition, he also drafted various agreements pertaining to a company’s activities, such as leasing, services and shareholders agreements.
In addition to his Graduate degree in transnational and common law, Mr. Bellemare-Proulx holds a Juris Doctor degree. Before beginning his law studies, he completed a first undergraduate degree in applied political studies. Throughout his graduate studies, his excellent academic results earned him top honours in his faculty. His academic background reflects his flexibility, his intellectual curiosity, and his wide-ranging ambitions – qualities essential to dispute resolution and the development of creative and effective solutions addressing the needs of his clients.
Dedicated to the development and well-being of his community, Mr. Bellemare-Proulx is currently working on a project to build the first housing complex in the Eastern Townships adapted to the needs of people with limited mobility.
- J.D., Université de Sherbrooke, 2014
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2014
- B.A., Université de Sherbrooke, 2011
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the board of directors, Handi-Ressources
- Councillor, Board of Directors of the Jeune Barreau de Saint-François
News/Press release by Laurent Bellemare-Proulx
- Eric Lavallée , Laurent Bellemare-Proulx , Mylène Boisvert and Justin Gravel