Areas of practice
Cynthia Fortin is a notary and a member of the Business law group, where she practises in the area of financing and movable and immovable property law in the context of business transactions. She is called upon to draft real estate contracts such as sale contracts, servitudes and other dismemberments of the right of ownership, leases, and security interests.
Ms. Fortin also deals with estate planning matters such as drafting testamentary trusts and mandates in case of incapacity.
Ms. Fortin worked in private practice at notary’s offices from 2000 to 2014. She then joined the legal services office of a major city, where she dealt with access to information matters. She joined Lavery in November 2014.
Professional and community activities
- Centre d’aide aux entreprises du Val-St-François
- Diploma in notarial law, Université de Sherbrooke, 1999
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 1998
- Member of the Chambre des notaires du Québec since 2000
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Chambre des notaires du Québec
News/Press release by Cynthia Fortin
- Marie-Claude Lacaille , Nicolas Thibault-Bernier , Marilyn Paré , Christian Dumoulin , Loïc Berdnikoff , Cynthia Fortin , Isabelle P. Mercure , Jean Hébert , Alain Heyne , Danielle Gauthier , Letta Wellinger , Marika Couture-Houle , Justin Gravel , Laurent Bellemare-Proulx , Kay-Sandra Boyer and Mylène Boisvert