Areas of practice
Yaoqi Wang practises in the firm’s Business Law group. She works primarily in private financing, mergers and acquisitions as well as corporate law, and has a keen interest in FinTech and artificial intelligence.
Yaoqi received both a Juris Doctor and a Bachelor of Laws from the Université de Montréal, graduating with “international” excellence. She was also awarded first place in the 2014 Davies Cup Stock Simulation Competition. As an exchange student, Yaoqi had the opportunity to study Chinese and Hong Kong law in Hong Kong.
While pursuing her studies, Yaoqi worked for a business immigration law firm, and has extensive experience working with foreign investors and entrepreneurs. She was also involved in the Legal Information Clinic at McGill and the China-Canada Junior Chamber of Commerce, and served as Vice President of the International Affairs Committee of the Université de Montréal.
Yaoqi is fluent in five languages: French, English, Mandarin, Shanghainese and Spanish.
Professional and community activities
- Vice President, International Affairs Committee, Université de Montréal
- Volunteer, Legal Information Clinic at McGill
- Media Relations Coordinator, China-Canada Junior Chamber of Commerce, 2013
- Member of Barreau du Québec
- Juris Doctor in common law (J.D.), Université de Montréal, 2016
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2015, with “international” excellence
- Exchange student, City University of Hong Kong, 2014
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Canadian Bar Association
Publications by Yaoqi Wang
- Benjamin David Gross , Gérard Mounier and Yaoqi Wang