Areas of practice
Maude A. Joly joined the Lavery team in the summer of 2015. She graduated with a licence in civil law from the University of Ottawa and completed the École du Barreau in 2016.
During her law studies, Maude was involved in both her faculty and her community. In 2014, she served as the student representative (University of Ottawa) to the Canadian Bar Association, Québec Branch (CBA-Québec) and was the first recipient of the CBA-Québec Student–Social Commitment Award, which recognizes the remarkable contribution of a student to the welfare of the community.
In 2015, Maude was elected co-president of the CBA-Québec Student Section by her peers and participated in the Kim Thomassin “L’effet A” challenge, an initiative that allowed her to hone her negotiating skills.
- LL.L., University of Ottawa, 2016
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2017
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Co-president, Canadian Bar Association, Québec Branch
- Vice-president, Board of Directors, Centre espoir Sophie
- Student representative (University of Ottawa), Canadian Bar Association, Québec Branch