Frédéric Bélanger is a member of the Litigation group. His practice focuses mainly on representation before the courts, including the Court of Québec, the Superior Court, and the Court of Appeal. He thus represents clients throughout Québec and has extensive experience in insurance law, construction law, and civil liability. His reputation as a litigator is well established with judges, particularly in Québec City and eastern Québec.
Mr. Bélanger always prioritizes the interests of his clients, so he takes into account not only legal but also risk and financial considerations. He is known for his dedication and attention to detail.
Mr. Bélanger always investigates alternative dispute resolution methods that could benefit his clients.
- Represent insurers in subrogatory actions worth hundreds of thousands of dollars following losses incurred by policyholders
- Represent insurers in disputes with policyholders on the basis of non-coverage arguments
- Represent clients and policyholders prosecuted for civil, contractual, and extracontractual liability
- Draft opinions on the interpretation of contractual provisions of insurance policies
- Carry out statutory examinations for insurance companies
- Le nouveau Code de procédure civile en pratique, 2016, January 18, January 25 and June 14 – with Marie-Hélène Riverin, Simon Rainville et Anne-Marie Asselin
- Droit de la construction : développements, tendances et enjeux (Québec) - Un élément à ne pas négliger dans tout projet de construction : l’assurance, 2016, Novembre 24
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2001
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
Publications by Frédéric Bélanger
- Frédéric Bélanger