Areas of practice
Marc-André Verville is a member of the Business law group. In his practice, he drafts civil and commercial contracts related to property including mortgage deeds, offers to purchase, deeds of conveyance, servitudes, deeds of superficies, and commercial leases.
Family law, personal law, and estate law are also central to his daily practice, including the drafting of testamentary trusts, mandates in case of incapacity, and non-contentious proceedings such as homologation of mandates in case of incapacity, the institution of protective supervision, and probating wills.
Mr. Verville joined Lavery in August 2015 after working at a private notary’s office for more than forty years. He is the transferee of the notarial offices of Mr. Bruno Letare and Ms. Louise Barbeau. In addition to his private notarial law practice, Mr. Verville taught property law in the notarial law diploma program at Université Laval. He has delivered many talks on family law and estate planning.
Professional and community activities
- Member of the board of directors of the Fondation Québec Philanthrope since 2006
- LL.B., Université Laval, 1971
- Post-graduate diploma in notarial law (DDN), Université Laval, 1972
- Member of the Chambre des notaires du Québec since June 1972
- École du Barreau, 1990
Publications by Marc-André Verville
- Marc-André Verville and Marc-André Bouchard