Bernard Trang joined Lavery as a student in 2016 and will begin articling at the firm in 2018. He is currently completing his bachelor’s degree in civil law at Université de Montréal.
During his legal studies, Bernard worked closely with his faculty’s Labour Law Committee and Level Committee as Vice President of sponsorship and Vice President of communication, respectively. Furthermore, he has been mentoring young litigants at the annual Juripop Court Competition after winning the 2014 edition.
To increase access to justice in Quebec, Bernard also volunteers alongside Pro Bono Students Canada. Since 2015, he has had the opportunity to work with a non-profit legal clinic in Montréal.
Bernard is proficient in English, French, Cambodian and Chinese.
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, on-going (expected in 2017)
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Vice President of sponsorship, Université de Montréal’s Labour Law Committee
- Vice President of communication, Université de Montréal’s Level Committee
- Mentor, Juripop Court Competition
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Students Canada
Publications by Bernard Trang
- Jean-Yves Simard and Bernard Trang