Katherine joined the Lavery team as a student in 2017. She is currently working toward her Bachelor of Law at the Université de Montréal and will enter the École du Barreau in August 2017.
While a law student, Katherine volunteered with the Juripop legal clinic, participated in the Sopinka Cup trial advocacy competition, worked as a research intern at the Centre québécois du droit de l’environnement (CQDE), and as an aboriginal and constitutional law research assistant. She received a number of awards for excellence and engagement during her studies.
Before studying law, Katherine obtained a Bachelor in English Linguistics from McGill University. During this period, she spent time as an exchange student at the University of Edinburgh and worked as an English teacher in Thailand for 10 months.
She has been working in music for about 15 years and speaks fluent French, English and Dutch.
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2017
- Certificate in Law, Université de Montréal, 2015
- B.A., McGill University, 2013
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), Oxford Seminars, 2013
- Exchange student, University of Edinburgh, 2011-2012
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Founding member, Parks Canada Club, Université de Montréal, 2016
- Member, International Golden Key Honour Society, 2013