Areas of practice
Philip Nolan is a partner specialized in tax law. He practices primarily in the areas of tax litigation, tax planning, and estate planning. He advises a diverse clientele ranging from publicly traded companies to business owners.
Over the years, Mr. Nolan has successfully represented clients in litigation matters before various tribunals including the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Quebec Court, and the Quebec Court of Appeal. He has also appeared before the European Commission in a competition case.
Mr. Nolan also acts as a trustee for family and corporate trusts.
Professional and community activities
- Member of the board of directors of Clifton Star Resources Inc., a company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange
- Member of the board of directors of Imaflex Inc., a company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange
- Member of the board of directors of several well-known non-profit organizations and registered charities
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Tax Law, 2018
- In-Depth Tax Course offered by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, 1991
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1988
- B.A., University of Western Ontario, 1984
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1989
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Association de planification fiscale et financière
Publications by Philip Nolan
- Philip Nolan
News/Press release by Philip Nolan
- Pierre-L. Baribeau , Josianne Beaudry , René Branchaud , Jules Brière , Richard Burgos , Marie-Claude Cantin , Louis Charette , Eugene Czolij , Pierre Denis , Norman A. Dionne , Raymond Doray , Louis-Martin Dubé , Nicolas Gagnon , Michel Gélinas , Caroline Harnois , Jean Hébert , Richard A. Hinse , Pierre Marc Johnson , Bernard Larocque , Guy Lavoie , Jean Legault , Guy Lemay , Jean Martel , Patrick A. Molinari , Philip Nolan , Luc Pariseau , Jacques Paul-Hus , Louis Payette , Elisabeth Pinard , Sylvain Poirier , François Renaud , Marc Rochefort , Ian Rose , Raphaël H. Schachter , Jean-Yves Simard , Gerald Stotland , Philippe Tremblay , Jean-Philippe Turgeon , André Vautour and Yanick Vlasak