Marie-Hélène Riverin practises in the areas of insurance litigation as well as labour and employment law. With regard to insurance litigation, she represents the interests of insurers and their policyholders before the civil courts, particularly in matters involving bodily injury claims, latent defects, and civil liability.
In the area of labour and employment law, Ms. Riverin acts for unionized and non-unionized companies in all matters involving human resource management and occupational health and safety. She also represents them before the courts in disputes involving labour, employment, union certification, as well as occupational health and safety.
Ms. Riverin also advises employers in the drafting of employment contracts, confidentiality agreements, and non-competition agreements, the application and management of collective agreements, the collective dismissal procedure, the management of employee complaints before the Commission des normes du travail, and employee claims in the area of occupational health and safety (work-related injuries), including issues related to the attribution of costs of employment injuries.
- LL.B., Université Laval, 2000
- Bachelor's degree in political science, Université du Québec à Montréal, 1996
- Certificate in public communications, Université Laval, 1997
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2002
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Chair of the board of directors of the Campus Notre-Dame-de-Foy, 2010 –
- Secretary, Board of directors of Ressources Entreprises
- Volunteer trainer for the Leaders et décisionnelles program of YWCA Québec
Publications by Marie-Hélène Riverin
- Marie-Hélène Riverin