François Renaud is a partner and coordinator of the firm’s Private financing group. He practices mainly in the area of financing and regularly represents and advises lenders and borrowers in the structuring and arranging of credit facilities (syndicated or not) and the negotiation and drafting of the necessary legal documents (including credit agreements, security documents, agreements between lenders, and legal opinions).
Mr. Renaud has acted in several major cross-border financings.
Mr. Renaud also represents and advises clients in connection with the purchase and sale of assets and shares, corporate reorganizations, and the implementation of various business contracts.
- Represent Héroux-Devtek Inc. and its Canadian, American, and British subsidiaries with respect to the renewal of a $200 million operating line of credit
- Represent the entity created for the purpose of acquiring the Montréal Canadiens hockey franchise as well as the franchise itself in the arrangement of credit facilities granted to them
- Represent a lending syndicate with respect to the arrangement of operating lines of credit of $148 million granted to a major transportation company headquartered in Québec and to its Canadian and U.S. subsidiaries
- Represent a major Québec manufacturer and its foreign subsidiaries in connection with the arrangement of a $300 million operating line of credit
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Banking and Finance Law, 2018
- « Distinguished » in Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1985
- B.A.A. (business administration), HEC Montréal, 1982
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1986
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- HEC Montréal Alumni Association
Publications by François Renaud
- Brigitte Gauthier , Louis Payette and François Renaud
News/Press release by François Renaud
- Pierre-L. Baribeau , Josianne Beaudry , René Branchaud , Jules Brière , Richard Burgos , Marie-Claude Cantin , Louis Charette , Eugene Czolij , Pierre Denis , Norman A. Dionne , Raymond Doray , Louis-Martin Dubé , Nicolas Gagnon , Michel Gélinas , Caroline Harnois , Jean Hébert , Richard A. Hinse , Pierre Marc Johnson , Bernard Larocque , Guy Lavoie , Jean Legault , Guy Lemay , Jean Martel , Patrick A. Molinari , Philip Nolan , Luc Pariseau , Jacques Paul-Hus , Louis Payette , Elisabeth Pinard , Sylvain Poirier , François Renaud , Marc Rochefort , Ian Rose , Raphaël H. Schachter , Jean-Yves Simard , Gerald Stotland , Philippe Tremblay , Jean-Philippe Turgeon , André Vautour and Yanick Vlasak