Richard A. Hinse practises business law and focuses primarily on commercial and litigation matters involving creditors' rights, financial services, securities law, franchising, real estate, realizing on security, and insolvency.
His commercial litigation practice is quite varied and includes commercial and contractual disputes of all kinds, as well as conflicts involving banking and financial transactions, securities law, franchising, real estate transactions, competition law, fraud, intellectual property, shareholders' and investors' remedies, injunctions, seizures, etc. He regularly represents clients before the courts as well as in arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Mr. Hinse has often been a speaker and lecturer on matters of commercial litigation, securities, real estate, franchising and insolvency. He is the author of Grounds of defense to injunctions in commercial matters.
Professional and community activities
- Former member of the Board of Directors and the Management Committee of Lavery
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2018
- Chambers Global Guide - The World's Leading Lawyers for Business in the field of litigation
- B.C.L., McGill University, 1974
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1975
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- American Bar Association
Publications by Richard A. Hinse
- Bruno Verdon and Richard A. Hinse
News/Press release by Richard A. Hinse
- Pierre-L. Baribeau , Josianne Beaudry , René Branchaud , Jules Brière , Richard Burgos , Marie-Claude Cantin , Louis Charette , Eugene Czolij , Pierre Denis , Norman A. Dionne , Raymond Doray , Louis-Martin Dubé , Nicolas Gagnon , Michel Gélinas , Caroline Harnois , Jean Hébert , Richard A. Hinse , Pierre Marc Johnson , Nadine Landry , Bernard Larocque , Guy Lavoie , Jean Legault , Guy Lemay , Jean Martel , Patrick A. Molinari , Philip Nolan , Luc Pariseau , Jacques Paul-Hus , Louis Payette , Elisabeth Pinard , Sylvain Poirier , François Renaud , Marc Rochefort , Ian Rose , Raphaël H. Schachter , Jean-Yves Simard , Gerald Stotland , Philippe Tremblay , Jean-Philippe Turgeon , André Vautour and Yanick Vlasak