Virginie Simard is a member of the firm's Litigation group. She worked as a law student and completed her articling within the firm.
Ms. Simard’s practice focuses primarily on hospital professional liability, civil and professional liability, directors and officers liability, and insurance law. As part of her practice, she has developed a strong experience in personal injury.
She represents insurers, hospitals, clinics, and youth centres before civil courts, in arbitration proceedings, and before coroner’s inquests.
Ms. Simard has successfully argued cases dealing with the liability of health care professionals and has also represented clinics as well as their professionals, directors, and officers.
During her university studies, Ms. Simard represented Université de Montréal in the Pierre-Basile Mignault Moot Court Competition.
- “The Court of Appeal authorizes retirees’ class action againt Vivendi”, Need to Know, Lavery, May 2012
- La responsabilité civile du personnel infirmier, Obligations et responsabilité civile, Juris Classeur Québec, Lexis Nexis, 2015
- L’expert médical, conseils pratiques: Mandat, préparation du rapport et témoignage en Cour – course offered as part of Université de Montréal’s medical expertise program
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2009
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2009
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montréal
- Montreal Association of Insurance Women
Publications by Virginie Simard
- Virginie Simard