Criminal Law and Penal LawOverview
From the legal conundrums faced by honest citizens to the infringement of a statute or regulation and the criminal and penal ramifications of more complex cases, nothing is beyond the expertise of our criminal lawyers who are capable of providing you with the optimal defence.
Lavery is the only large firm in Quebec with a team of lawyers dedicated exclusively to criminal and penal law. We have thorough knowledge of all the actors in the legal system and, over the past 30 years, have built a reputation that is second to none in this field. You will receive sound advice on the protection of your rights and reputation.
- Fraud and theft charges
- Secret commissions
- Breach of trust
- Impaired driving
- Spousal abuse or other forms of assault, threats, and criminal harassment
- Simple possession of narcotics
- Penal charges under federal or provincial legislation such as the Competition Act and Consumer Protection Act
- Witness support in criminal and penal cases
- Advice to clients on filing complaints with police
- Orders for restitution to individuals or corporations (including insurance companies) in criminal cases
- Assistance to lawyers in non-criminal cases involving the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Search and seizure matters
- Any charges against corporations
Top of page
Lavery at a glance
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. More than 200 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in more than 115 countries.