Special Risk InsuranceOverview
Lavery’s team of insurance professionals is routinely called upon to advise clients on coverage issues regarding special risk insurance and can defend their interests in civil, disciplinary, and penal proceedings. Our lawyers will also provide opinions regarding the underwriting issues specific to special risk insurance.
The members of this team routinely draft and analyze this type of insurance contract and frequently appear before the courts to defend the interests of insurers and insureds in matters involving insurance coverage and special risks issues.
- Advise on underwriting issues
- Draft and analyze insurance contracts
- Advise and give legal opinions on the scope of coverage
- Representation before the civil and penal instances and administrative and regulatory tribunals
- Alternative dispute resolution methods, including arbitration and mediation
Lavery offers these services in connection with the following special risk insurance products:
- Directors' and officers' liability insurance
- Fiduciary liability insurance
- Employment practices liability insurance
- Mergers and acquisitions insurance
- Errors and omissions insurance for financial institutions
- Errors and omissions insurance for the technology sector
- Internet and communications liability insurance
- E-commerce liability insurance
- Theft, embezzlement, and misappropriation insurance
- Boiler and machinery insurance
- Credit insurance
- Mortgage insurance
Top of page
Lavery at a glance
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. More than 200 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in more than 115 countries.