The 2012 edition of the Lavery seminars took place on Tuesday, October 16 at the Centre Mont-Royal in Montreal under the theme "Risk Management". Some 200 corporate lawyers participated to this training activity, which was presented in the form of workshops and involved 14 lecturers, including 12 from Lavery and two external lecturers.
The proposed program was comprehensive and dealt with various subjects of interest for corporate lawyers. The day began with a plenary session focused on "The corporate lawyer and the duties towards third parties with respect to information". The training activity continued with six workshops that dealt with the following issues:
- Certain provisions with regards to commercial leases, including from an acquisition standpoint
- The financing of occupational health and safety
- How to read an insurance policy
- The restrictive covenant provisions in credit agreements
- Consumer law and class actions
- Precautionary measures with respect to lobbying and the relations with public authorities
Once again, the Lavery seminar was a success. This seminar is a major initiative among those organized by Lavery to meet the needs of its business partners.