Montreal, May 17, 2011 – Lavery announces that the 2011 edition of Thomson Carswell’s Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory has ranked 15 of the firm’s partners among the most recommended lawyers in the country in their respective areas of practice. The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory is the most comprehensive guide to legal talent in Canada and is a resource of choice for Canadian and U.S. corporate counsel and law firms in need of leading edge legal expertise.
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory identifies the best lawyers in more than 60 practice areas based on the results of an exhaustive annual peer-review survey completed by more than a thousand respected legal professionals and a wide range of well-informed clients. Lavery’s lawyers are recommended in fields such as banking and financial institutions, financing, mining law, environmental law, information technology and e-commerce law, employment and labour law, class actions, medical liability, and commercial insurance litigation.
“The lawyers at Lavery continue to distinguish themselves for the quality of their work and the recognition of their skills in their respective areas of practice, reflecting the culture of our firm and our commitment to providing the full range of legal services to business clients. I congratulate our 15 colleagues for this recognition and for their great contribution to the success of our clients,” said Élise Poisson, Lavery’s Managing Partner.
The following are the lawyers at Lavery listed in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2011:
- Pierre L. Baribeau - Employment and Labour Law (Management)
- Michel Blouin - Mining Law
- René Branchaud – Mining Law
- Louise Cérat - Litigation – Commercial Insurance
- Pierre Denis - Asset Equipment Finance/Leasing
- Nicolas Gagnon - Construction Law
- Jean Hébert - Litigation – Commercial Insurance
- Jean-François Hotte - Employment and Labour Law (Management)
- Odette Jobin-Laberge - Litigation – Commercial Insurance
- Robert W. Mason - Litigation – Commercial Insurance; Litigation – Product Liability
- Jacques Nols - Medical Liability (Defendants)
- Louis Payette - Banking & Financial Institutions
- Jean Saint-Onge - Litigation - Class Actions; Litigation – Commercial Insurance; Litigation - Product Liability
- André Vautour - Computer & IT Law; Technology Transactions
- Michel Yergeau - Environmental Law
For more information, please visit Lexpert’s website at: www.lexpert.ca/directory.