LAVERY IS ALSO...
After a successful career as a corporate lawyer, Mtre Jacques Perron joined Lavery in 2003 and has since been providing the firm’s clients with his recognized expertise as a litigator, advisor and manager.
In addition to having worked for more than 25 years at Canadian National, Mr. Perron has lectured at Université de Montréal where, after having contributed to the creation of the legal consultation clinic, he created the "Prix d'excellence Jacques Perron" awarded annually to a student who distinguishes himself through his work in the clinic.
He is listed in The Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Directory 2012 in the field of Transportation (road & rail). He is also listed in the 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading practitioner in the field of Transportation Law.
Since joining the firm, Mr. Perron has been involved in the following matters:
- Pleadings before the Québec Superior Court, the Québec Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Canada and the Federal Court of Appeal in civil and commercial liability cases.
- Involved in personal injury and freight claims litigation, including from multimodal transportation arrangements.
- Insurance coverage litigation advice and strategy in matters before both Canadian and U.S. courts.
- Represented the seller of a 175 mile railway line to a First Nations cooperative.
- Chief negotiator for a major commuter transit authority for the purchase of a railway line to be converted into a dedicated bus corridor.
- Drafted and negotiated contracts for the sale or acquisition of assets related to regional railroad lines.
- Drafting, negotiation and interpretation of operating agreements involving commuter and passenger line railways.
- Advised major corporations on administrative and regulatory issues concerning various transport modes, both at the federal and provincial levels.
- Participation in real estate transactions respecting commercial properties, often involving environmental issues.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in North America
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Railway Club
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Canadian Transportation Lawyers Association
- AAR General Claims Conference
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Labour and Employment
Business Transactions / Mergers and acquisitions
In Fact and in Law - The Court of Appeal reiterates the admissibility in evidence of reports done in the course of administrative investigations
LAVERY AT A GLANCE
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. 175 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in 120 countries.