LAVERY IS ALSO...
Luc Pariseau is a member of the Business Law Group and specializes in tax law. In his practice, he advises emerging companies, major corporations involved in large transactions, family businesses and non-profit organizations on Canadian and international tax matters.
Mr. Pariseau was also an instructor for several years. Between 1990 and 1994, he gave courses on tax law relating to real estate transactions at the Université du Québec à Montréal. In 1996, he taught graduate students at the HEC Montréal. A sought-after speaker, he regularly addresses current tax issues at various conferences.
He is listed in the 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading practitioner in the field of Tax Law.
- Major projects for international clients in the energy and natural resources sectors and the securities and entertainment industries
- Large sales tax claims for insurance companies Represents several American firms doing business, or acquiring businesses, in Canada
- Reorganization of family businesses to facilitate transfer to the next generation or to senior executives
Professional and community activities
- A founder and member of the Board of Directors of the Fondation l'air d'aller, an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people suffering from cystic fibrosis
- Member of the Board of Directors of Lavery since 2001
- Canadian Bar Association
- Fiscal and financial planning association
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- International Fiscal Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Ratio - Quarterly legal newsletter intended for accounting, management, and finance professionals, Number 19
Ratio - Quarterly legal newsletter intended for accounting, management, and finance professionals, Number 18
Ratio - Quarterly legal newsletter intended for accounting, management, and finance professionals, Number 12
LAVERY AT A GLANCE
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. 175 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in 120 countries.