LAVERY IS ALSO...
Nathalie Durocher is a member of the firm’s litigation group and practices in the areas of insurance law, professional liability, product liability and the distribution of financial products and services.
Ms. Durocher is often called upon to provide her opinion on various questions related to insurance coverage, namely with regards to CGL insurance policies, Errors and Omissions and Fidelity/Dishonesty insurance policies.
She has provided opinions on matters involving professional liability, product liability and third party liability.
She also reviews, translates, analyses and assures the conformity of insurance policies and policy endorsements.
She advises actors governed by the Insurance Act and the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services.
Finally, Ms. Durocher is especially involved in training other members of the firm. She plays an active role in the drafting of conferences presented to firm members and clients. She gives numerous presentations to a variety of audiences at training seminars in the matters of insurance, distribution of financial products and services, professional liability and civil proceedings.
- Opinion with regards to the sale of insurance products on the internet.
- Translation and review of all insurance policies and endorsements of an insurer.
- Analysis and conformity of insurance policy clauses applicable to Quebec law.
- Registration of insurance firms with the Autorité des Marchés Financiers.
- Implementation of the rules and regulations relating to entities monitored by the Autorité des Marchés Financiers.
- Opinion on specific insurance coverage matters with regards to insurance damages, professional liability and life and disability insurance.
- Opinion on product liability pertaining to flammable products.
- Representations in civil litigation matters, in demand and in defense, more particularly regarding matters of fire, product liability, professional liability and injuries.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association, Insurance and Civil Litigation Division
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Life and Disability Insurance
Distribution of financial products and services
In Fact and in Law Express - E-Distribution of Insurance Products: the AMF Wants Your Input!
In Fact and in Law Express - Supervising the Use of Social Networking Websites by Financial Sector Intermediaries
LAVERY AT A GLANCE
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. 175 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in 120 countries.