LAVERY IS ALSO...
The damage insurance industry has not escaped the wave of convergence affecting large corporations and financial institutions. In response, insurance companies have restructured their operations. To succeed in doing so, it is in their best interests to turn to a legal partner in which they have complete confidence such as Lavery, whose reputation in property and liability insurance speaks for itself. The Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Directory ranks Lavery among the most recommended full-service firms in commercial insurance litigation in Quebec.
Whether you are an insurer, risk manager or broker, you would benefit by consulting us as soon as possible concerning any claim. If legal proceedings have been filed, our experienced litigators can represent your interests most effectively before the courts. Whether you are managing a large firm or SME, or you are acting in your own interests, Lavery will provide all the professional advice to fully meet your needs.
- Drafting and analysis of insurance contracts
- Advice on the purchase and selection of suitable insurance products
- Coverage opinions
- Support for claims adjusters/insurance investigations
- Evaluation, prosecution and defence of property insurance claims
- Fidelity bonds
- Business interruption insurance
- Excess insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Subrogation claims
- Evaluation of potential liability and defences in civil liability insurance matters
- Product Liability
- Carrier’s Liability
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Professional Liability
- Class Actions
- Evaluation of bodily injuries and negotiation of structured settlements
- Representation before the courts
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), including Arbitration and Mediation
- Consensual arbitration
LAVERY AT A GLANCE
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. 175 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in 120 countries.
LATEST PUBLICATIONS ON THIS AREA OF PRACTICE
In Fact and in Law Express - To What Extent are Insurers Required to Cover Premises where Criminal Activities are Conducted?
In Fact and in Law Express - The insurer's duty to defend and indemnify: a new judgment of the Quebec Court of Appeal
In Fact and in Law - Francization – Bill No 14 amending the Charter of the French language