LAVERY IS ALSO...
The damage insurance industry has not escaped the wave of convergence affecting large corporations and financial institutions. In response, insurance companies have restructured their operations. To succeed in doing so, they have to turned to law firms such as Lavery in which they have complete confidence and whose reputation in property and liability insurance speaks for itself. The Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Directory ranks Lavery among the most recommended full-service firms in commercial insurance litigation in Quebec.
Whether you are an insurer, risk manager or broker, you benefit by consulting us forthwith concerning a claim. If legal proceedings have been filed, our experienced litigators will represent your interests most effectively before the courts. Your firm may be large, medium or small, or you may be on your own; Lavery will serve all your legal needs.
- Drafting and analysis of insurance contracts
- Advice on the purchase and selection of suitable insurance products
- Coverage opinions
- Support for claims adjusters/insurance investigations
- Evaluation, prosecution and defence of property insurance claims
- Fidelity bonds
- Business interruption insurance
- Excess insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Subrogation claims
- Evaluation of potential liability and defences in civil liability insurance matters
- Product Liability
- Carrier’s Liability
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Professional Liability
- Class Actions
- Evaluation of bodily injuries and negotiation of structured settlements
- Representation before the courts
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), including Arbitration and Mediation
- Consensual arbitration
LAVERY AT A GLANCE
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. More than 200 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in more than 115 countries.