LAVERY IS ALSO...
Due to the constantly changing nature of the healthcare industry, obtaining a comprehensive understanding of this field can be very challenging. Lavery’s healthcare lawyers assisted in developing and drafting the very first “Act respecting health services and social services” and the implementation of its regulations. For decades, we have been the preferred legal advisors to numerous institutions in the healthcare and social services network, as well as many healthcare professionals. You can have complete confidence in our extensive knowledge and expertise in the entire spectrum of the healthcare system.
- The liability of professionals and hospitals, and representation before all the civil courts and administrative tribunals and at coroner’s inquests and investigations
- Internal organization of healthcare institutions (regulations, policies, intellectual property, etc.)
- Processing of complaints by users and management of disciplinary committees
- Appointment of physicians and renewals of physicians’ privileges, emergency suspensions, etc.
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts, agreements with third parties, affiliation agreements, contracts concerning intellectual property (assignments, licenses, development)
- Research and development (research contracts, contracts with research centres, pharmaceutical companies and others)
- Negotiation of supply and construction contracts
- Applications for institutionalized care and confinement and treatment orders
- Labour law and occupational health and safety
- Access to information and protection of personal information
LAVERY AT A GLANCE
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. 175 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in 120 countries.
LATEST PUBLICATIONS ON THIS AREA OF PRACTICE
In Fact and in Law - Francization – Bill No 14 amending the Charter of the French language
Lavery HEALTH LAW - Legal newsletter for the health and social services network and health-care professionals, Number 1
In Fact and in Law Express - The Mont Saint-Sauveur Case: Is the Court of Appeal Thinking Outside the Box in the Assessment of Damages?