LAVERY IS ALSO...
As health care evolves, so too does health law. That is why only specialized practitioners can claim to have a comprehensive understanding of this field which is in constant evolution. Our lawyers helped design and draft the very first Quebec “Act respecting health services and social services” and regulations. For decades, we have been the preferred legal advisors to numerous professionals and institutions in Quebec’s healthcare and social services network. For health law, you can rely on us.
- Advising on the liability of healthcare professionals and hospitals and appearing before all the civil courts and administrative tribunals and at coroner’s inquests and investigations
- Advising on the internal organization of healthcare institutions (regulations, policies, intellectual property, etc.)
- Processing user complaints and managing disciplinary committees
- Appointing physicians and renewals of physicians’ privileges, emergency suspensions, etc.
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, agreements with third parties, affiliation agreements, contracts concerning intellectual property (assignments, licenses, development)
- Research and development (research contracts, contracts with research centres, pharmaceutical companies and others)
- Negotiating supply and construction contracts
- Applications for institutionalized care and confinement and treatment orders
- Labour law and occupational health and safety matters
- Access to information and protection of personal information
LAVERY AT A GLANCE
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. More than 200 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in more than 115 countries.
LATEST PUBLICATIONS ON THIS AREA OF PRACTICE
Need to Know - Serious breaches of the duty of loyalty by a human resources employee – Dismissal upheld by the C.R.T.
Need to Know Express - The Superior Court of Québec Authorizes the Continuation of Care on a Comatose Patient despite the Refusal of her Parents
Need to Know - Francization – Bill No 14 amending the Charter of the French language