List of mandates
- Represented an insurance company in a class action against damage insurance companies during the 1998 ice storm claiming additional living expenses.
- Represented damage insurance companies in a class action involving the use of similar body parts to repair automobiles damaged in accidents.
- False and misleading representations related to a universal life insurance product.
- Represented a major Japanese company in the Quebec portion of an international class action related to a price-fixing cartel.
- Represented major financial institutions in class actions alleging a gold and silver price-fixing cartel.
- Represented a financial institution in a class action alleging a foreign exchange price-fixing cartel.
- Stragetic advice to the settlement administrator in the "chocolate cartel" matter [settling a class action instituted in every country following an investigation by regulatory authorities into allegations of price-fixing and the sale of chocolate products in Canada and other claims by wholesalers].
- Represented a mobile communications company with respect to a service interruption.
- Represented a food manufacturer in an action involving a dozen dairy processers who allegedly sold milk containing a lower percentage of fat than that indicated on the container.
- Represented a major player in the customer loyalty market in a class action on its right to amend the general conditions of the rewards program.
- Represented an electronics retailer and a cellphone services retailer in several class actions involving the sale of extended warranties by merchants in various industries.
- Represented a major energy drink brand in a class action involving allegations of false or misleading representations.
- Represented retailers in a number of class actions involving advertising related to credit offers.
- Represented an automobile manufacturer in a class action alleging false representations regarding the gas consumption of certain car models.
- Represented a lessor in a class action involving requests to cancel leasing contracts.
- Represented an automobile manufacturer in several class actions involving product liability, breach of the legal warranty and advertising practices.
- Represented clinics in a class action on accessory fees charged.
ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES
- Represented an energy company in a class action involving the operation of a hydroelectric dam.
- Represented an airport and a seaplane base in an environmental extra-contractual liability class action.
- Represented manufacturers in a class action involving the TCE contamination of residential wells in a municipality.
- Represented a zinc refinery in an environmental extra-contractual liability class action.
- Represented an agricultural chemical products distributor following the sale of a product that allegedly damaged the lawns of the group members.
- Represented a rail transportation company in a class action instituted by residents claiming damages for nuisance and inconvenience suffered due to the increased railway traffic and resulting noise.
- Represented a construction contractor in a class action related to sources of nuisance resulting from highway repair work.
- Represented a chemical products distributor in a class action following a legionella outbreak in Quebec City allegedly caused by contamination of water in cooling towers.
- Represented an owner and an operator of a former quarry in a class action involving neighbourhood disturbances.
PENSIONS AND BENEFITS
- Represented a paragovernmental body in a motion for authorization to institute a class action to obtain recovery of contributions withheld by the body from employees of businesses allegedly under federal jurisdiction.
- Represented a religious congregation in a class action involving allegations of delicts.
- Represented a Quebec siding manufacturer in a product liability class action.
- Represented an automobile manufacturer in a 2010 recall involving allegations of untimely accelerations and the recall of hybrid vehicles equipped with ABS brakes.
- Represented a company specialized in protein products that manufacture foods involving allegations of listeriosis food contamination.
- Represented a food industry company with respect to e-coli-contaminated spinach.
- Represented a producer of raw materials used to manufacture polybutylene piping in a national class action.
- Represented several builders/manufacturers/automobile manufacturers: obtained a discontinuance in an action involving smart access keys; homologation of a by-law in an action involving worn brake pads; objected to a motion for authorization involving clean emissions in a luxury sports utility vehicle.
- Represented a lawnmower engine manufacturer in a class action involving representations on the engine power.
- Represented an automobile manufacturer in a class action involving requests for compensation based on brake pads that did not last long.
- Represented a car manufacturer in a class action involving requests for compensation based on safety air bags that did not work properly.
- Represented one of the largest Canadian insurance companies in a class action involving a hybrid insurance product.