Louis-Martin Dubé is a partner with more than twenty-five years' experience in real estate law acquired in national law firms and a major Canadian financial institution. He advises and represents property owners, institutions, developers, pension funds, asset managers, lenders, and tenants in a wide range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, development projects, financing, and leasing.
Mr. Dubé’s advice and services are in demand for purchase, sale, and financing transactions involving office buildings, shopping centers, industrial assets, and residential complexes. He also represents property owners with respect to all aspects of real estate ownership, including development, management, and leasing.
Mr. Dubé regularly speaks on topical issues in real estate law. For more than fifteen years, he has been co-speaker at the annual review of case law presented by the Canadian Bar Association. He is also a member of the Barreau du Québec’s standing committee on the law of security and is listed in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada under real estate law.
Professional and community activities
- Member of various fundraising committees of educational and cultural organizations, including the Mosaic Foundation and Les Grands Ballets Canadiens
- Governor of the Fondation du Barreau du Québec
Articles and lectures
- Training sessions on new building safety regulations (spring 2013)
- The importance attached by the courts to peaceful enjoyment of leased premises and some practical applications (Canadian Institute - June 8, 2011)
- The impact of recent case law in real estate (Conference on real estate leasing in Montréal - April 13, 2011)
- Conflicts between the rights of tenants and mortgage creditors (Federated Press – Commercial Leases–January 19-21, 2010)
- Recent case law in real estate (Canadian Bar Association – from 2000 to date)
- Regular legal columns in Espace Montréal, a trade journal for the real estate industry
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Real Estate Law, since 2012
- The Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Directory in the fields of Property leasing and property development, 2018
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 1985
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Executive committee of the real estate law section of the Canadian Bar Association, Québec branch, from 1995 to 2008
- Chair of the real estate law section from 1998-2001
- Member of the Barreau du Québec’s standing committee on the law of security since 2000
Read the publication