Élodie Brunet is a member of the Labour and employment law group. She advises a varied clientele composed primarily of employers on different aspects of employment law (drafting and reviewing employment contracts and corporate policies, employment standards litigation) and labour relations (grievance arbitration, certification).
She also represents employers before the civil courts and administrative tribunals and advises them in proceedings and claims related to occupational injuries and diseases as well as occupational health and safety. These include cases related to CNESST inspections and resulting penal complaints.
Élodie regularly delivers conferences and training sessions on subjects related to labour and employment law, human resources as well as occupational health and safety. She is also a member of the Order of the Certified Human Resource Professionals (CRHA).
- Guy Lavoie, Brittany Carson, and Élodie Brunet, New Perspectives on Canadian Employment Law, under the direction of Malcolm MacKillop and Christine Thomlison LexisNexis, 2014 (Chapter 16: Employment Law and Practice: Current Isssues)
- Élodie Brunet, Frédérique Duchesne and Josiane L'Heureux, Notice to employers under federal jurisdiction: amendments to the Canada Labour Code will take effect on October 31, 2014, Canadian Corporate Counsel, Canada Law Book, Thompson Reuters Canada, Volume 24, Number 1, September 2014 issue, p. 10
- Josiane L’Heureux, with the collaboration of Élodie Brunet, “Recent Quebec and Federal Law Developments in Occupational Health and Safety”, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE), 11th Annual Conference, June 20, 2014
- Élodie Brunet, Un employeur peut-il interdire l’enregistrement par ses employés de conversations au moyen d’un téléphone cellulaire ? [Translation: “Can an Employer Forbid the Recording of Conversations by his Employees?”], Premières en affaires, October-November 2012, p. 49 [available in French only]
- Josiane L’Heureux and Élodie Brunet, “Recent Developments in the Case Law on Human Rights in the Employment Context in Quebec”, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE), 9th Annual Conference, 2012
- Josiane L’Heureux and Élodie Brunet, La responsabilité accrue des administrateurs eu égard aux cotisations impayées à la Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail [Translation: “The Increased Liability of the Employer’s Directors with Regard to Unpaid Assessments to the CSST”], Revue Industrie & Commerce, 2011 [available in French only]
- Josiane L’Heureux, with the participation of Vincent Metsä and Élodie Brunet, articling student, “Criminal negligence and industrial accidents: a review of the case law and comments on issues faced by employers”, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE), 8th Annual Conference, 2011
- Ms. Brunet is also the author and co-author of many Vigie RT e-bulletin articles published by the Order of the Certified Human Resource Professionals (CRHA)
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2010
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Young Bar Association of Montréal
- Order of the Certified Human Resource Professionals (CRHA)