Marilyn Paré is a partner in the Business Law group. She specializes in mergers and acquisitions and commercial and corporate law.
She advises a broad clientele composed mainly of business people from various industries. She assists them in completing their projects, helps with negotiations and develops the documentation necessary to these projects. She is called upon to draft many types of commercial or corporate agreements, such as purchase and sale agreements, shareholders’ agreements and many different types of agreements necessary for operations, proper functioning and corporate activities. Me Paré also regularly drafts sui generis agreements, which are unique agreements tailored to the specific needs of her clients.
Me Paré offers her clients customized, strategic support for managing regular operations and completing special projects.
Since the beginning of her legal career, Me Paré has helped to conclude many transactions for the purchase and sale of businesses in various industries and participated in implementing many business succession plans.
In addition, Me Paré has focused in recent years on access to medical cannabis and cannabis legalization. In this regard, Me Paré stands out for her understanding of the legal and business issues of this emerging industry, her relevant experience and her interest in the industry and its development.
In addition to closely monitoring the evolution of this growing industry, Me Paré contributes to mandates pertaining to the cannabis industry, in particular by helping business people in:
- Their efforts to obtain the necessary licences for their activities;
- Their efforts to acquire the infrastructure they need for their operations while taking into account the social acceptability of projects;
- Questions regarding regulatory compliance (choice of licences, disclosure obligations, key investors, promotion and advertising, etc.);
- Establishing procurement agreements and, in general, drafting and adapting contracts, policies and other legal documents that meet the specific needs of their industry.
Me Paré has also been involved in major transactions in the field of hemp and cannabis, in addition to acting on behalf of private investors as part of equity investments in companies operating in this industry.
- LL.B, Université de Sherbrooke, 2007
- Member of Barreau du Québec since 2008