Jean Sébastien Massol practises with the Labour and Employment Law group. He joined the firm in the summer of 2015 and also articled with Lavery in 2017.
Jean Sébastien obtained his degree in civil law from the Université de Montréal in 2016. Throughout, he was involved in faculty life, particularly as co-founder and president of the Labour Law Committee of his student association. Jean Sébastien also clerked for the Honourable Justice Archambault of the Court of Québec.
Prior to his legal studies, Jean Sébastien obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations at Université de Montréal, during which he interned in labour relations at an important crown corporation. In addition, he worked in human resources in the health and social services sector for nearly four years.
During that same time, Jean Sébastien founded a general partnership in the Québec music field, which awarded him numerous prizes and honours.
- Catherine Maheu and Jean Sébastien Massol, “Recent Developments in Labour and Employment Law in Quebec” (Développements récents en droit du travail et de l’emploi au Québec), Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE), 13th Annual Conference, September 22, 2016
Professional and community activities
- President and co-founder, Université de Montréal Labour Law Committee
- Graduate Microprogram in Labour Law, Université de Montréal (Currently enrolled)
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2016
- B.A. (Industrial Relations), Université de Montréal, 2013
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member, Barreau du Québec since 2017
- Member, Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés
- Member, Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada