Sara-Catherine L. Tolszczuk is a lawyer in Lavery’s intellectual property group. She works with the patents, litigation and trade-marks teams. She completed a bachelor of law and a master’s degree in biology and law at Université de Sherbrooke.
During her studies, Sara-Catherine represented her faculty twice at the national moot court competition Laskin, where she had the opportunity to plead legal issues relating to constitutional and administrative law. She also worked with her student association as a board member for 4 years and interned with a company specializing in energy saving solutions in Canada and the United States. In her master’s degree essay, Me L. Tolszczuk focused on the civil obligations of Quebec physicians with respect to the prescription of statins and physical exercise as treatments of dyslipidaemia in a primary care setting.
- Dumont, A. and Tolszczuk, S-C., "Survol des décisions et des modifications législatives significatives en matière de brevets pharmaceutiques en 2017", Les Cahiers de Propriété Intellectuelle, Vol. 30, No. 2, 2018
- Jomphe, I. and Tolszczuk, S-C., "Why register your brands with the Amazon Brand Registry", GGData, July 2018
- Desjardins, C., Leclerc, A., Pelletier, I. and Tolszczuk, S-C., "The Canada–European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) comes into effect today! ", GGData, September 2017
- Jomphe, I. and Tolszczuk, S-C., "What every agri-food company must know about the new geographical indications which will come into force on September 21st ", GGData, September 2017
- M.Sc. Biology with a concentration in life sciences and law, Université de Sherbrooke, 2018
- LL.B, Université de Sherbrooke, 2016
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2018