Alexandre Papale is a member of the Business Law Group whose practice is oriented toward tax law, and particularly files involving corporate reorganizations.
He frequently advises his clients on the analysis and development of tax strategies for various types of commercial transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructurings. He also gives tax advice on business succession, share and asset purchases, employee profit-sharing plans and estate planning.
Before joining Lavery, Alexandre worked for a large accounting firm in Montréal. As a member of the private enterprise services team with that firm, he participated in a number of major reorganizations and transactions involving both Canadian residents and non-residents.
- "Pas de double imposition lorsqu’une société de personne cesse d’exister", 8(1) Canadian Tax Focus (February 2018)
- DESS in Taxation, HEC Montréal, 2019
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2014
- DESS In Business Law, Université de Montréal, 2014
- Bachelor of Science (P.T.), McGill University, 2009
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Canadian Tax Foundation (CTF)
- Member of the Young Bar Association of Montréal
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 2015