Etienne C. Laplante is a member of the firm’s Tax Law Group. His practice covers tax planning of corporate reorganizations as well as dispute resolution with tax authorities. He also acts as trustee and executor of estates for his clients.
Etienne has a strong interest in value-added taxes (GST/HST/QST) and is currently pursuing his studies in taxation in this specific area in parallel with his practice.
Passionate about tax policy issues and tax incentives, Etienne has given a yearly seminar on the Quebec refundable tax credits system at the LL.M. level at the Université du Québec à Montréal since 2018.
- “Le régime québécois des crédits d’impôt remboursables : impacts chez les personnes à faibles revenus”, on the invitation of professor Marie-Thérèse Dugas (2019) and professor Lucie Lamarche (2018) for the course JUR7240 - Régimes de protection du revenu et solidarités sociales, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2018, 2019
- “A Brief Introduction to the History of Quebec”, on the invitation of Helena Fedotkina, director of the department of foreign languages, Russian University of Transport, Moscow, 2014
- Dompierre, Marie-France., Parent, Jessica., C. Laplante, Étienne., " Important Changes to the CEWS announced: will you now be eligible, and what should you consider? ", July 22, 2020
- Pariseau, Luc., Gélinas, Éric., C. Laplante, Étienne., " Sale of a Business: New Tax Planning Option ", June 26, 2020
- Dompierre, Marie-France., C. Laplante, Étienne., A. Clavet, Laurence., " COVID-19: Support for Agriculture and Agri-Food Businesses in Quebec and Canada ", June 9th, 2020
- Dompierre, Marie-France., C. Laplante, Étienne., " Bill C-14 has become law: Are you eligible for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy? ", April 15, 2020
- Dompierre, Marie-France., C. Laplante, Étienne., " COVID-19: Summary of Quebec and Federal Tax Measures and Financial Assistance ", April 08, 2020
- Pariseau, Luc., Gibeault, Audrey., C. Laplante, Étienne., " COVID-19: How to adapt your current tax planning? ", March 30, 2020
- Honour Roll of the Faculty of Law (UQAM), 2019
- Pierre-Basile-Mignault moot court competition: Bâtonnier Cup for the best team (oral arguments and factums); A.P.D.Q. Cup for best factum; SOQUIJ Cup for second best factum, 2019
- Master's degree in Taxation, Université de Sherbrooke, 2021 (current)
- Second cycle Microprogram, Consumer Tax, 2021 (current)
- Professional education courses, École du Barreau
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal (Faculty Honour Roll), 2019
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF)