Laurence joined the Lavery team in 2019 and will be articling with the firm in 2020. During her law studies, Laurence was involved in particular as an intern at the Mile End Legal Clinic and worked in the fields of labour and employment law as well as in litigation.
Prior to her legal studies, Laurence developed expertise in communication and worked in a post-production studio specializing in advertising, dubbing and original music composition. She is still active in the Montréal cultural community primarily as co-director of a theatre company. Laurence also has a keen interest in social, technological and legal innovation in the agri-food sector, which she cultivates chiefly through various publications.
Professional and community activities
- Law student intern, Mile End Legal Clinic, 2018-2019
- Writer/editor, Bouffisme, since 2017
- Co-founder, Théâtre des Trompes (NPO), since 2015
- “Viande in vitro : l’éleveur du futur porte un sarrau blanc,” Caribou, January 2019
- Bachelor of Laws, Université de Montréal, expected to graduate in 2019
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication and History, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2014
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Vice President, Sponsorship, Comité Perspectives of the Faculty of Law of the Université de Montréal, 2018-2019