Louis-Philippe Bessette joined Lavery in August 2019, and is currently doing his articles for the Barreau du Québec with the firm. He obtained his bachelor of law degree in 2017 and his Juris Doctor in 2018 at the faculty of law of the Université de Sherbrooke. His essay for his masters in common law and transnational law dealt with e-commerce and cyber-consumption.
He had the opportunity to do volunteer work through Pro Bono Students Canada (PBSC) for the Association coopérative d'économie familiale de l'Estrie (ACEF Estrie) and Famille Plus. Louis-Philippe also worked as a research assistant in environmental law at the faculty of law of the Université de Sherbrooke.
Professional and community activities
- Research assistant at the faculty of law of the Université de Sherbrooke, 2019
- Pro Bono Students Canada, research clinic on consumer protection law, 2018-2019
- Pro Bono Students Canada, insurance law workshop, 2016-2017
- SAGE scholarship in Environment Law
- Specialized graduate diploma (D.E.S.S.) (masters) in common law and transnational law (Juris Doctor), Université de Sherbrooke, 2018
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 2017