Laura Bassal has been a paralegal since 2018 and is a member of the civil Litigation team where she specializes in the fields of insurance and construction litigation. Her main focus relates to that of the London Market of Lloyd’s Underwriters as well as Domestic insurance carriers within the context of Quebec based litigation, ranging from professional liability, accident benefits, product liability and other Lines of Business typically sought by insurance carriers in Quebec.
She assists lawyers practising Insurance and Construction Litigation by performing a wide range of litigation tasks that are task-specific to the insurance domain, namely: drafting procedures, material organization of complex insurance litigation mandates, performing research related activities and policy and investigation file analysis for the purpose of drafting coverage analysis legal opinions and regular reporting to Insurance for the types of insurance claims commonly instituted in Quebec.
Ms. Bassal regularly assumes tasks for all insurance-type mandates ranging from defense mandates to coverage, recoveries and monitoring. In that capacity she performs in-depth analysis of insurance policies and investigation material pertaining to insurance claims.
- Special award of honours and excellence in paralegal studies for the class of 2018
- O’Sullivan College – Paralegal studies Diploma, 2018
- University of Montréal - Certificate in Law, 2015
- Concordia University – Bachelors Degree in Political Science, 2012
- Dawson College – Law, Society & Justice DEC, 2009
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Canada Association of Paralegals (CAP), 2018