Marie-Eve Bouchard joined the Lavery team as an articling student in 2021.
Prior to her law studies, Marie-Eve completed a certificate in professional writing at Université Laval as well as a graphic design degree in which she acted as team leader during an internship. This experience allowed her to acquire management skills and to understand the needs of clients regarding the protection of intellectual property.
Marie-Eve has also gained professional experience as a communication advisor and translator with a leading company in the field of aesthetic devices. Her fluency in French and English, both written and spoken, has been an asset during her professional experiences and has earned her an award for excellence in writing. She has also been involved among her peers as a French tutor at the Student Support Center.
During her studies, Marie-Eve participated four times in the Disney Cultural Exchange Program at Walt Disney World in Florida. Her English and multicultural immersions, which lasted several months within a world leader in customer service, made her aware of the importance of immigration and labour laws for large multinational companies.
Professional and community activities
- French tutor at the Student Support Center, Cégep de Rivière-du-Loup, 2014-2015
- Recognitions of exemplary work for displaying Disney’s professional attitude, Walt Disney Company, 2016-2018
- Nomination, honour roll, Cégep de Rivière-du-Loup, 2015
- Award, excellence of French language in creative writing, Cégep de Rivière-du-Loup, 2013
- Certificate with high skills recognition, Association Québécoise des Utilisateurs d'Outils technologiques à des fins Pédagogiques et Sociales (AQUOPS), 2012
- École du Barreau, 2020-2021
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B.), Université Laval, 2020
- Certificate in Professionnal Writing, Université Laval, 2016
- College Degree in Graphic Design, 2015
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Communications and Social Media Committee, Cégep de Rivière-du-Loup, 2015, copywriter