Jacques Paul-Hus is a member of the Business Law Group in the Montréal office. He practises corporate law including transactions such as mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Paul-Hus has many years of experience handling sales and purchases of businesses, acqusitions of shareholdings and refinancing transactions. He advises managers and owners of businesses regarding corporate reorganizations, strategic development and corporate planning.
- Principal legal counsel since 2002 to the Advanced Fiber Technologies (AFT) Income Fund and its affiliates, which were the target of a takeover bid in March 2006
- Legal counsel to several private companies and certain publicly traded companies
Professional and community activities
- Member of the Board of Directors of several private companies
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Mergers and Acquisitions Law, since 2012
- B.C.L., McGill University, 1974
- M.A., University of Western Ontario, 1971
- B.A., Université de Montréal, 1969
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Tax Foundation