Édith Jacques is a partner in Montréal’s Business law group. She specializes in mergers and acquisitions, commercial law, as well as international law and acts as business and strategic consultant to mid- and large-size companies.
Ms. Jacques regularly represents private companies in a wide range of transactions, including the acquisition and sale of businesses and the negotiation of distribution, supply, and manufacturing agreements for both the domestic and international markets. She also represents businesses in the implementation of structures and commercial agreements enabling them to expand into other countries.
Ms. Jacques also acts as strategic advisor to firms, helping them to implement business structures supporting their growth while managing and controlling risk. Her comprehensive vision of her clients’ corporate and commercial structure, risks, and objectives enables her to offer strategic advice adapted to their specific needs.
Ms. Jacques also supports clients in the development of new products and distribution networks and the management and implementation of projects.
She plays an active role in companies in the manufacturing and energy sectors.
Ms. Jacques is known for her versatility, common sense, and pragmatic approach to a wide variety of commercial matters.
Professional and community activities
- Active in several sports, community, and social organizations
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the field of Corporate Law since 2019
- Appointed influential graduate of Université Laval in 2017 (1000 people out of 285 000 graduates are on this list
- Cross-border transaction prize of the year in 2019 of the M & A Club for the Camso / Michelin transaction
- Recognized as one of Canada's Top 25 Most Influential Lawyers in 2019 by Canadian Lawyer magazine
- Major in administration, Université Laval, 1998
- LL.B., Université Laval, 1994
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of Lavery’s board of directors (2013-2018)
- Chair and director of Manufacturiers et exportateurs du Québec
- Director of Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Member of Quebec caucus of CanWEA