Areas of practice
Luc Pariseau is a partner and member of the Business law group, specializing in tax law.
In his practice, Mr. Pariseau has often been called upon to advise emerging companies, major corporations, family businesses, and non-profit organizations on Canadian and international tax matters.
Mr. Pariseau was also a lecturer for several years. Between 1990 and 1994, he gave courses on tax law related to real estate transactions at Université du Québec à Montréal, and, in 1996, he taught graduate students at HEC Montréal. A sought-after speaker, he regularly gives lectures on current tax issues.
He is listed in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading practitioner in the field of tax law.
- Major projects for international clients in the energy and natural resources, securities, and entertainment sectors
- Large sales tax claims for insurance companies
- Represent U.S. firms doing business, or acquiring companies, in Canada
- Reorganize family businesses to facilitate transfer to the next generation or to senior executives
- Estate and post-mortem planning for individuals with sizable assets and complex tax situations
- Planning and negotiating tax aspects of business acquisition and sale transactions and the drafting of related legal documents for high-valued companies
- Negotiations with tax authorities and objections to their position regarding income taxes, sales taxes, as well as other direct and indirect taxes
Professional and community activities
- Founding member and member of the board of directors of the Fondation l'air d'aller, an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people with cystic fibrosis
- M. fisc., Université de Sherbrooke, 1989
- LL.B., Université de Sherbrooke, 1986
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1989
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association de planification fiscale et financière
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- International Fiscal Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
Publications by Luc Pariseau
- Katherine Athanasopoulos , Martin Bédard , Audrey Gibeault and Luc Pariseau
News/Press release by Luc Pariseau
- Pierre-L. Baribeau , René Branchaud , Jules Brière , Richard Burgos , Marie-Claude Cantin , Louis Charette , Eugene Czolij , Pierre Denis , Raymond Doray , Louis-Martin Dubé , Nicolas Gagnon , Michel Gélinas , Caroline Harnois , Jean Hébert , Richard A. Hinse , Pierre Marc Johnson , Bernard Larocque , Guy Lavoie , Jean Legault , Guy Lemay , Jean Martel , Patrick A. Molinari , Philip Nolan , François Parent , Luc Pariseau , Jacques Paul-Hus , Louis Payette , Elisabeth Pinard , Sylvain Poirier , Marc Rochefort , Ian Rose , Jean Saint-Onge , Raphaël H. Schachter , Jean-Yves Simard , Gerald Stotland , Philippe Tremblay , Jean-Philippe Turgeon and André Vautour