Areas of practice
André Vautour practices in the fields of corporate and commercial law and is particularly interested in strategic alliances, joint ventures, investment funds and mergers and acquisitions ofprivatecorporations. He also serves as honorary consul of Denmark in Montreal and was Lavery’s chair of the board of Directors from 2012 to 2016.
André Vautour is the honorary consul of Denmark in Montréal. Mr. Vautour practises in the fields of corporate and commercial law and is particularly interested in strategic alliances, joint ventures, investment funds, as well as mergers and acquisitions ofprivatecorporations.
In addition to acting as counsel to many companies, Mr. Vautour practises in the field of technology law (drafting technology development and transfer agreements, licensing agreements, distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements, and e-commerce agreements).
Mr. Vautour has extensive experience with corporations in the finance, printing, pharmaceutical, rail, computer, and energy sectors.
Mr. Vautour has given many lectures on subjects related to his fields of expertise and has written numerous articles on computer and technology law.
- “Impact of the Possible Extension of the European Passport Regime on Canadian Fund Managers”, co-author with Guillaume Lavoie and associates of Jeantet and published in la Revue internationale des services financiers, November 2016 edition;
- “Options Available to Canadian Managers under the European AIF Marketing Rules”, co-author with Guillaume Lavoie and associates of Jeantet and published in la Revue internationale des services financiers, November 2016 edition.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the fields of Corporate law, Private funds law, Information Technology law, Intellectual property law and Technology law, 2018
- Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, Private funds law, 2018
- Lexpert Special Edition on Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers as leading lawyers in the field of Infrastructure, 2017
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory in the fields of Technology transactions and Corporate commercial law, 2017
- Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, Technology law (2011, 2013, 2016)
- MBA, McGill University, 1990
- LL.L. (summa cum laude), University of Ottawa, 1982
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1983
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society (U.S.A. and Canada)
- Association des MBA du Québec (AMBAQ)
Publications by André Vautour
- André Vautour and Guillaume Lavoie