LAVERY IS ALSO...
FINANCING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
Financing and financial services have always been core to our practice. We advise financial institutions and corporations on the whole spectrum of financing-related issues. Whether you are negotiating a loan agreement with or without security on moveable or immovable property or involved in project financing, international finance, the financing of aircraft or heavy equipment, or private-public partnerships, our firm will guide you effectively, through the critical stages, to the successful completion of the transaction.
- Negotiation and drafting loan and credit agreements and related documentation
- Creation of moveable and immoveable security
- Negotiation and drafting the documentation for leasing and other types of major equipment financing (aircraft, heavy equipment, rolling stock)
- Preparation of standard credit documents (consumer and commercial lending)
- Drafting of leasing and conditional sale forms
- International financing
- Non-litigious commercial law matters, particularly corporate reorganizations
- Developing policies, procedures and related practices for financing companies and financial institutions
- Creating new financial products
- Distributing financial products and services
- Federal and provincial regulation of financial institutions
- Incorporating, organizing, starting-up, developing and reorganizing financial institutions and related organizations and specialized corporations
- Creating and launching private-public partnerships
LAVERY AT A GLANCE
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. More than 200 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivières and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in more than 115 countries.
LATEST PUBLICATIONS ON THIS AREA OF PRACTICE
In Fact and in Law - Failure to comply with the provisions of the Regulation respecting the application of the Consumer Protection Act dealing with notices of forfeiture of the benefit of the term
In Fact and in Law - A wake-up call to merchants : The cost of “illegible” consumer contracts
In Fact and in Law - Sale by judicial authority: conflict of interest rules governing the designation of the officer entrusted with the sale