LAVERY IS ALSO...
FINANCING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
Lavery has always been at the forefront of new developments in financing and financial services. Our highly experienced team of lawyers is fully capable of advising financial institutions and corporations on the whole range of financing issues. Whether your transaction involves loans, with or without security on moveable or immovable property, project financing, international finance, the financing of aircraft or heavy equipment, or private-public partnerships, our firm will guide you effectively, through the critical stages, to the successful completion of the financing transaction.
- Negotiation and drafting of loan and credit agreements documentation
- Creation of moveable and immoveable security
- Negotiation and drafting of the documentation for lease transactions and other types of major equipment financing (aircraft, heavy equipment, rolling stock)
- Preparation of standard credit documents (consumer and commercial lending)
- Drafting of leasing and conditional sale forms
- International financing
- Non-litigious commercial law matters, particularly corporate reorganizations
- Development of policies, procedures and related practices for financing companies and financial institutions
- Creation of new financial products
- Distribution of financial products and services
- Federal and provincial regulation of financial institutions
- Incorporation, organization, start-up, development and reorganization of financial institutions, and organizations and specialized corporations affiliated with financial institutions
- Creation and implementation of private-public partnerships
LAVERY AT A GLANCE
An independent law firm, offering the full range of legal services to business. 175 lawyers in Montreal, Quebec City and Ottawa. Member of the World Services Group, an international network of service firms with offices in 120 countries.
LATEST PUBLICATIONS ON THIS AREA OF PRACTICE
In Fact and in Law - Sale by judicial authority: conflict of interest rules governing the designation of the officer entrusted with the sale
In Fact and in Law Express - Canadian ratification of the Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment and of the Protocol to the Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment on Matters Specific to Aircraft Equipment
In Fact and in Law - Francization – Bill No 14 amending the Charter of the French language