Éric Goulet is a member of the Business Law group. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and financing.
Over the years, Éric has also developed expertise in contract negotiation, cross-border financing, litigation management, corporate governance and regulation, and compliance for public contracts.
Éric’s clients appreciate his availability, attentiveness, patience, efficiency, energy, open-mindedness, and his legal and strategic advice, which is always geared toward pragmatic solutions adapted to his clients’ needs.
Prior to working in a law firm, he served for five years as legal counsel and corporate secretary for a Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) listed company active in the energy sector (power transmission systems), in the manufacturing, sale and distribution of continuously variable transmissions (recreational products and unlicensed vehicles) with operations primarily in the United States, France, China and India.
- Quels sont les enjeux et défis de la gouvernance de demain? [What are governance issues and challenges for the future?] Discussion with Michel Nadeau, Executive Director, Institute for Governance of Private and Public Organizations (IGOPP) during a lunch and learn seminar (2016)
- Licentiate in Law, University of Ottawa, 1994
- Bachelor of Education, Secondary Education (History), McGill University, 1991
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Chair of the Board of Directors, CVTECH, Inc. (2013 to 2018)
- Member of the TAGlaw network, TAG Alliances (2019 to 2021)